PENNSYLVANIA BUSINESS MISSION TO ISRAEL
September 10 – 15, 2017
Hosted by: Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce
Lead Participants Include: Pennsylvania State Treasurer Joseph Torsella &
Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development
The Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce (PICC) invites you to participate in our Business Trade and Investment Mission to Israel September 10-15, 2017. This is a flexible agenda trip centered on two trade shows in Israel:
Our flexible agenda will allow you to participate in the events on our main schedule that are of interest for your industry, while permitting you to schedule separate meetings during days where the main schedule is less relevant. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Treasurer Joseph Torsella and Department of Community and Economic Development’s Office of International Business Development (OIBD) will be participating in this mission in cooperation with the PICC to meet prospective and existing Israeli investors in Pennsylvania.
Our mission intends to strengthen business ties between Israel and Pennsylvania by providing an opportunity for Pennsylvania companies and Israeli companies to meet, discuss their industries, and consider investment, expansion, trade, or partnerships. Through this business mission, we also hope to:
- Increase business and joint venture opportunities between Israeli and Pennsylvania companies.
- Promote business development opportunities in Pennsylvania, and invite Israeli companies to invest in Pennsylvania.
- Facilitate joint applications to U.S.-Israel Binational Industrial R&D Foundation (BIRD) and BIRD Energy, the sub-grant program which includes water technologies (www.birdf.com).
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Companies with interest in water technologies, or who are substantial water users, including: water utilities, energy producers, food and beverage manufacturers, agribusinesses, water treatment/effluent treatment companies.
- Companies interested in tech, smart cities and Internet of Things (IOT).
- Life sciences and digital health companies.
“Israel is a world leader in water technology. American Water has a number of business ventures evaluating Israeli innovations. WATEC is a unique international forum for meeting water innovators. Attending WATEC has resulted in several new technologies that American Water has co-developed leveraging on BIRD Foundation funding”,
remarked Mark W. LeChevallier, Ph.D., Vice President, Chief Science Advisor at American Water.
Note: The mission’s agenda will be updated as events are finalized.
- Sunday, September 10:
- 10:15: Arrival of a United flight from Newark, NJ to Tel Aviv. All delegates can select their own arrival and departure.
- WATEC Satellite Events:
- “Cutting-edge Solutions to Wicked Water Programs” – The American Water Resources Association (AWRA) and the Water Research Center of Tel Aviv University are co-hosting a dynamic two-day dialogue on how water managers, engineers, scientists and policy makers are working together to develop and implement solutions to address some of the world’s most pressing water challenges. Click for more.
- 15:00: Smart City & IOT Opportunities in Pennsylvania, hosted by Amdocs, Raanana (confirmed).
- 19:00: Opening dinner for delegates and guests.
- Monday, September 11:
- WATEC Satellite Events:
- 8:00-21:00: Regulators Seminar: the Regulators workshop aims to foster cooperation among water regulators from around the world, and to share best practices with regulators facing common challenges in managing sustainable water sectors in changing environments. By invitation only, click to request info and to participate.
- 14:30-19:00 – Cleanvest: By invitation only, click to request info and to participate.
- Cutting-edge Solutions to Wicked Water Programs – continues
- Meetup: Emerging Opportunities in Advanced and Discrete Technologies, hosted by SAP Israel at Sosa, Tel Aviv
- Tuesday-Wednesday, September 12-13:
- 9:30-18:00: Attending WATEC Israel (www.watec-israel.com), an international conference and exhibit in Tel Aviv. Watec allows water professionals, stakeholders and innovators from around the globe to share their experiences regarding the current and future trends of the water sector.
- Click for event program
- View the exhibitors list
- Watec has a one-on-one networking system for attendees. The PICC will also recommend valuable meetings.
- The event includes an evening reception on the 12th.
- Wednesday, September 13:
- 9:30-18:00: Attending WATEC Israel
- 9:30 – FoodTech Ecosystem in Israel and Pennsylvania, hosted by the Strauss Group & Alfa Strauss, Petach Tikva
- Facilitating meetings for delegates that will not participate in Watec.
- 16:00 – TEDx – Tel Aviv Salon: Water
- An evening reception with dignitaries and investors.
- Thursday, September 14:
- Attending mHealth Israel conference featuring digital health startups contest, will be held in Jerusalem. Registration fee is complementary to our delegates!
- Friday, September 15:
For additional information, please contact:
Ms. Vered Nohi, Executive Director, Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce
email@example.com | 215-703-3135