Committees and Roundtables
Committees and Roundtables are members-only functions that help you to grow your network and enhance your knowledge in a specific industry area, while lending your expertise and contacts to help PICC increase business between Greater Philadelphia and Israel. Members who attend committee meetings and join roundtables have opportunities to address their specific business interests respecting Israel, use their expertise to organize or present at PICC programs, showcase their companies at committee meetings and hear from experts on topics relevant to their business practices. PICC committee meetings are open to all members and PICC roundtables are limited to members who share a common business purpose. Committees and roundtables meet several times each year. Below please find a list of PICC committees, and contact us for info or to join a committee.
- Chair: Matthew Fingerman, ChFC CFP, President
- Neil A. Cooper, Esq., Immediate Past President
- J. Todd Abrams, Ph.D., Vice President
- John J. Churchill, Vice President
- Rene Rothstein-Rubin, MD FACP FCPP, Vice President
- Matthew Taylor, Vice President and Secretary
- Immanuel John K., Tresurer
- David J. Allon, MBA, Past President
- Vered Nohi, Executive Committee
A standing committee, meeting twice a month to review the major issues facing the organization, weighing pros and cons and making preliminary decisions, to be ratified by the board as a whole at the actual board meeting.
- Chair: Sarah Plimpton Liebowitz, Director, US Region, Sustainable Botanicals International
The Membership Committee assists in recruiting and welcoming new members to the PICC. It helps evaluating the extent the Chamber can assist companies in business match-making.
- Chair: Immanuel John K., Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
The Committee explores new funding sources for the Chamber and ensures best practices to secure the Chamber’s financial health.
- Co-Chair: Shouvanik Chatterjee, Chief Operating Officer, Indegene Encima Group
- Co-Chair: Merom Klein, PhD, Principal, Courage Growth Partners
Forum for members to network with industry colleagues, learn about Israel’s life sciences industry, assist in related programing, evaluate Israeli life sciences companies seeking investment and strategic partners and develop initiatives that will enhance business ties between this region and Israel in the life sciences sector. This committee’s activity encompasses: life science, healthcare IT, medical equipment, wearable devices, and bio related companies.
Information Technology & Tech (TECH)
- Mike Krupit, Founder & Lead Coach, Trajectify LLC
Focuses on strategies to enhance business ties between this region and Israel in high-tech and tech sectors and evaluate Israeli high-tech companies seeking investment and strategic partners. The committee assists with related programing, evaluates Israeli tech companies seeking investment and strategic partners and develops initiatives that will enhance business ties between this region and Israel in the life sciences sector. This committee’s activity encompasses: high-tech, software and communications, homeland and cyber security, and cleantech and energy related companies.