- This event has passed.
Israel-Greater Philadelphia Food Tech Summit
June 20, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
The future of food has never been more challenging and exciting at the same time. We are facing a growing world population, demand for better food quality, and emergence of outstanding food technologies from farm to fork which improve access to better quality food. The Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce and Drexel University will co-host Israel-Greater Philadelphia Food Tech Summit on June 20, to explore technological gaps and the development of game-changing innovations in the food and beverage industries. A delegation of Israeli innovative companies will present and be available for B2B meetings. This event is for food tech innovators, food and beverage manufacturers, supply chain industry, and investors. It is hosted in collaboration with Israel Economic Mission in NYC, the Israeli Export Ministry and the US-Israel Binational Industrial R&D Foundation.
Registration is closed. Walk-ins are welcome. Program begins at 8:30AM.
Morning Keynote Speaker:
Adam Sussman, VP of New Distribution/Sales
Acelerada, the innovation arm of BIMBO Bakeries USA, the world’s largest bakery.
Luncheon Keynote Speaker:
Tomer Harpaz, CEO,
Sabra Dipping Company, LLC (Sabra)
Inon Elroy, Israel Economic Minister to North America
Israel Economic Mission in NYC
Click for a catalog of the current Israeli companies.
- Increasing Food Value: Health & Wellness, Novel-Ingredients, Food Supplements
- Moderator: Jonathan Deutsch, PhD, Professor, Culinary Arts and Food Science, Drexel University
- Frank Klemens, Managing Director DuPont Ventures & Director of Licensing, DuPont
- Ayala Laufer Cahana, MD, Chief Innovation Officer, Dr. Ayala’s Magic Spice
- Clara Park, Corporate Chef of Culinary Innovation, Chelten House Products, Inc.
- The Future of Food Manufacturing: Production & Processing System, Food safety, Supply Chain
- Moderator: Richard McArdle, Ph.D., Acting Exec. Director, Rutgers Food Innovation Center
- Larry Walker, President, Balford Farms
- Richard D. Dunbar, Vice President Systems & Solutions Business, Emerson |Proconex
- Pete Szelwach, Vice President, Manufacturing, Lassonde Pappas and Company, Inc.
- Alternative Proteins
- Moderator: Rosemary Trout, DHSc, Assistant Clinical Professor and Program Director, Culinary Arts & Food Science, Center for Food & Hospitality Management, Drexel University
- Joseph Pethő, CFS, Sr. Scientist, Zentis North America
- Qingbin Yuan, Senior Director of R&D, The Hershey Company
We thank our sponsors:
Host sponsor and partners: