H. Marc Tepper, Esq., Partner, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney P.C.
He currently serves as chair of Buchanan’s Insurance and Reinsurance Group, which includes nine attorneys who focus on legal issues in the insurance and reinsurance arena. Marc frequently counsels insurance and banking industry clients in a wide range of services, including insurance coverage issues, insurance bad faith, surety, reinsurance contracts, liquidation, FIRREA and FDIC laws, regulations and related Acts.
Among the range of matters Marc has handled for his clients, he has:
- Represented a national bank in a $120 million collateral swap involving an insurance company in rehabilitation.
- Represented the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands in government contract matters relating to FEMA, construction litigation, receivership litigation and environmental litigation.
- Represented the Government of the U.S. Virgin Islands as part of the landmark $205 billion settlement with the tobacco industry.
- Defeated a class action against a Pennsylvania real estate developer in PA federal court.
- Represented an automobile component parts manufacturer in a $25 million replevin recovery in Montgomery County, Pa.
- Represented a syndicate of major lending institutions in a $50 million director and officer lawsuit in federal court.
- Represented public companies, captive insurance companies and reinsurers in multimillion dollar collateral and trust account disputes.
- Represented suppliers and manufacturers in products liability and consumer class action lawsuits in both state and federal courts.
- Defeated a financial institution’s attempts to enjoin a former employee from working for a competing firm, resulting in voluntary dismissal of a state court action.
- Formed and maintained oversight of a security and alarm trade association risk retention group domiciled in Vermont.
Additionally, Marc has handled insurance-specific transactions involving stock purchases and asset purchases along with the accompanying Insurance Department regulatory filings and related administrative services agreements.
Marc’s insurance coverage practice has expanded in recent years to include a range of business insurance matters, such as those involving art losses, cyber insurance coverage, recall coverage and related business income loss claims, directors and officers, errors and omissions, intellectual property and other business tort claims. His representative clients include insurance companies, bank director and officers, lenders, governments, companies in corporate governance and control disputes, and licensed professionals.
In the area of professional liability, Marc has represented attorneys in jury trials to verdict and has represented other professionals in matters that contain complex business issues.
Marc previously served on the Board of Governors for the Philadelphia Bar Association and served as President of the Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce.
America Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell selected Marc as a “2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Insurance Law.” In 2012, he was named to The Best Lawyers in America® list in the insurance law category. Marc has also been consistently selected by his peers since 2006 to the Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers® list, considered among the top 5 percent of attorneys practicing in Pennsylvania. He is also listed in Who’s Who in America.
Since 1999, Marc has frequently been admitted to practice before the courts of the U.S. Virgin Islands in the capacity of special assistant attorney general for matters involving the Government of the Virgin Islands.