Philadelphia, PA (January 10, 2022)— PICC’s new 2022 leadership team will continue and grow the mission of strengthening the region’s commercial, research, investment, and friendship ties with Israel. For nearly 35 years, PICC’s work in economic development has had a positive impact on both the Greater Philadelphia and Israeli economies. The new leadership team includes representation from the region’s largest corporations, healthcare institutions and universities, including: Thomas Jefferson University, University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, BIMBO Bakeries, The Giant Company, The Hershey Company, West Pharmaceutical Services, W. L. Gore Associates, Robin Hood Ventures, and more (click for a full leadership list and bios). They bring a wealth of talent and expertise, industry affiliation, and entrepreneurship mindset.
Outgoing President, Matthew Fingerman, said: “The past two years have required that we adapt to rapidly changing global conditions. The Philadelphia region continues to rank 7th for entrepreneurs among fastest-growing big cities in the US, while Israel’s start-up ecosystem ranks third in the world. We are excited for the new Board to continue PICC’s impressive work in an ever-changing environment.”
“I am honored to assemble a remarkable team of professionals passionate about entrepreneurship and innovation to form the new leadership. It is a uniquely qualified group who can connect both regions to accelerate innovation, commercialization, and economic growth. With a focus on our members, communities, and stakeholders, this team will expand the organization’s impact in southeastern Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, Delaware, and Israel,” said Mike Krupit, PICC President.
PICC’s Executive Committee Members Are:
- President: Mike Krupit, Founder & Lead Coach, Trajectify LLC.
- Vice Presidents:
- Matt Dane Baker, PA-C, D.H.Sc., Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, Thomas Jefferson University
- Tiffany McKever, MS MBA, Founder and CEO, Consensus Healthcare Consultants.
- Vice President Secretary: Lawton Laurence, Senior Director, Applied Research and Technology, West Pharmaceutical Services
- Treasurer: Michael L. Riesenbach, CPA, Chief Operating Officer, Isdaner & Company, LLC
- Immediate Past President: Matthew I. Fingerman, ChFC®, CFP®, Vice President, Senior Wealth Manager, BNY Mellon,
- Past President: Neil Cooper, Esq., Executive Partner, Royer Cooper Cohen Braunfeld LLC,
- Executive Director: Vered Nohi
The Chamber is pleased to add the following as Directors of the Board:
- Cynthia (Crickett) Blauch, Category Manager, Ethnic Kosher, The GIANT Company
- Steven Hess, Sr., MS Dr. Sc. Director, Emerging Brands Research and Development, The Hershey Company
- Shintaro Kaido, MBA, Vice Provost for Innovation and Executive Director, Drexel Applied Innovation, Drexel University
- Viviane Martin, PhD, CLP, Director of Licensing, Perelman School of Medicine, Penn Center for Innovation, University of Pennsylvania
- Jill Matthews, Director of Marketing Innovation and Strategy, BIMBO Bakeries USA
- Ellen Weber, Executive Director, Robin Hood Ventures, and Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Diamond Ventures
PICC is thrilled to add the following professionals to its Advisory Board:
- Brad Abramson, Vice President, Marsh McLennan
- Staci Bender Epstein, Founder & CEO, Be Group, LLP
- JeanMarie Markham, CEO, Clinlogix
- Stephen A. Doneson, CPA, Senior Audit Manager, Eisner Amper
- David Fahey, Principal, Managing Director, Avison Young
- Arik Hertz, CEO, Founder and President, TAB Israel (The Alternative Board) and Owner, TAB Greater Philadelphia
- Brian Levy, Open Innovation (Advanced Materials and Process Technologies), W. L. Gore & Associates
- Lisa Peskin, Founder and CEO, Business Development University
- Karina Sotnik, Founder/CEO, WorldUpstart
Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce:
The unique mission of the Philadelphia-Israel Chamber of Commerce is developing business and academic ties between Greater Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey and Delaware, and Israel. The PICC is a non-profit, non-denominational, independent organization focused on creating commercial and investment opportunities between the two regions.
The PICC also represents the US-Israel Binational Industrial Research and Development Foundation (BIRD), which awards grants of up to $1 million to regional industrial R&D – Israeli technology ventures (Since 2011, 16 awarded to PA, DE and SNJ companies).